Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Ford Connect: My connect van has just started to cut out,first

Customer Question

My connect van has just started to cut out,first time going uphill now doing it quite often, the glow plug light flashes 3 times then engine cuts out, restarts by turning key off and on. Also feels a bit sluggish now. Don't know if relevant but it started cutting out after I filled up with deseil from tesco for the first time since I had the van. please can you offer any help, cheers. Nudger
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi Nudger .
Its possible its the last load of fuel you picked up , but what i suggest is you get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes as your glow light is flashing letting you know you have a problem with the management system.
You could do the basics first like check the air filter ,drain the fuel filter and check for water if water is evident drain the tank and replace the filter add new fuel and test .
If no water evident then check with a scan tool for malfunction codes
this will let you know what part of the system is causing you this issue .
Please rate my help a good to excellent if you are satisfied .
If not ready to rate don't rate poor or bad service as we can continue to work on this issue or I can opt out and recommend another expert .
After accepting there is no extra charge for further assistance.
If I don't reply soon I will as quickly as I can when i get back on line.
Kind regards Greg