Richard, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  12 years as a technician at a Ford and Jaguar dealer Ford and Jaguar factory certified
10437779

S type: I have just bought a 1999 Jaguar and the electric

Customer Question

Hi I have just bought a 1999 Jaguar and the electric seats are not working I was told to change two relays which I have done but were they the right ones?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any help with just fixing my electric seats would be great.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Are both front seats not working? Do you have memory seats?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes both seats do not work and they are memory seats. The memory button on the car works in so much as the computer display says I have changed to one or two. There are only two settings
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok both the driver and passenger seats are independently controlled and do not really share any powers or ground connections. We should start by checking the fuses for them just in case they are blown. Since the driver seat is memory it has a control module where the passenger seat just uses a switch to power the motors. Please check fuses #21 (30 amp), 28 (30 amp) in the rear fuse box in the spare wheel area and fuses #7 (5 amp) in the central inside fuse box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, I finally had time to check the fuses and they all look fine no signs of blowing...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok I know this may not be easy but we will need to look underneath the seat to make sure everything is connected. Since the seat will not move this will be difficult.