Lou P
Lou P, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.
27644750

GL500: Mercedes Benz GL500 2011 model - why i cannot play music

Customer Question

Mercedes Benz GL500 2011 model - why i cannot play music from my iphone6+, but the cable can charge? i now have to use the aux cable.
The radio says the device is not compatible
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.
The cable will need to be changed to the newest cable available from the dealer also there had been a number of reported issues with the new iPhone operating system and the Mercedes cars. It has not been fixed yet so you will have to continue using the aux cable. And also it's because the car cannot determine the phone from the music so you will have to use a iPod. Now if you find a older iPod that will for sure work but the newer ones with the iOS 8 have been having issues not recognizing cables. Something Apple had done. Not the car. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉