Robert
Robert, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Peugeot 306 hdi: Phil I have a Peugeot 306hdi year 2000

Customer Question

Hi I have a Peugeot 306hdi year 2000 when I start it up it runs for a minute then shuts down.. we changed the fuel pump but still the same.. I was tapping a sensor on the fuel rail not the pressure sensor but another connected into the rail on the right it seems a bit loose  and it ran for a longer time when I tap this... Now my son put Green Diesel into it on a few occasions over the past few weeks and I wonder would this have blocked something up....

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there

There are indeed two sensors on the fuel rail itself..ones a fuel temp sensor and another screwed into the rail underneath i recall which is the diesel HP sensor your main pressure sensor....but neither sensors should be loose to be honest..if it is then it likely the cause of the trouble if you have to tap it to get the engine to run longer..so it maybe best place to start in regards ***** ***** that sensor and see how it goes..it might also be best to replace the fuel filter too just incase its blocked or restricted due to the bio/green diesel you have put in.I do hope this helps