Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Pickup: .I have nissan pickup yarmodel 2000 and there is

Customer Question

Hi.I have nissan pickup yarmodel 2000 and there is something wrong with the ABS brake.I kan feel the ABS working when driveing at low speed when braking carefully.No ABS light on and no fault codes?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.I apologize for any delay and I am posting as soon as I saw your question myself.
One common issue I have seen cause this here is one of the wheel speed sensors sending a incorrect wheel speed signal to the computer.When this occurs the computer automatically thinks the wheel is slipping on a slippery road surface and can activate or turn on the ABS braking.This won't cause any warning lights or fault codes to set as the computer thinks the wheel is just slipping on a slippery road surface.
What needs to be done from here is to operate the vehicle with a scan tool connected to the vehicle that can read the wheel speed signals to see if one or more is found to be sending an incorrect signal.Once this is located the affected speed sensor needs replaced to correct this fault.
Thanks Pete