sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Grand Cherokee Srt8: My Grand Cherokee SRT8 2007 won't start,

Customer Question

My Grand Cherokee SRT8 2007 won't start, when i turn the key, all i hear is a klack klack and i get a trouble code U1412 Unknown. What could that be?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

U1412 is a vehicle speed signal issue and won't be related to the no start condition.

The no start could be a handful of things including the starter itself, a cable or connection issue, low battery voltage, an engine mechanical issue; one of the most common things I've seen on these is voltage drop between the starter solenoid terminal and wire at the crimp.

Are you getting a rapid clicking that happens the whole time the key is held in the crank position?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi, thanks for that and no it's a slow clicking.

Is it a single click that happens each time the key is turned to the crank position, or does it continue to click while the key is held?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it continues to click.

You most likely just have a dead battery then. I would recommend trying a jump start (not always reliable ),swapping in a known good battery, or having this battery load tested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks, ***** ***** try

You're welcome!