martin jones
martin jones, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  25 years as a mechanic and mot tester, owned own business for 10 years city and guilds trained
20682938

Audi A 8 D3 4.0 tdi: I put petrol about 20 litres in my

Customer Question

Hi I put petrol about 20 litres in my Audi a8 D3 4.0 tdi there was about 5 litres of diesel in the tank.I drove off about two miles.
switched off. got back in turned key and got click click click. it was only then that I realised my error. any suggestions?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  martin jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA.com, i will try to assist you with your problem,draining the fuel is the first port of call as long term it will cause damage to seals turbo etc, once all of the petrol is removed i would also remove the fuel filter and replace with new, hope this helps, kindest regards ***** ***** you require any further help or advise, please ask, if not please press the GREEN BUTTON to accept, as this is how i get paid, once again regards martin.