sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Chrysler grand voyager crd ltd ( new shape ): My passenger

Customer Question

My passenger sliding door on the drivers side ( uk ) version on 2 ocassion i have returned back to the car and found it opened what could be the cause for this to be happening. Roy uk
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

For the door to open it would take an input from one of the methods used to open it, or there could be an issue with the door module or power sliding door module. This isn't very likely.

A failed switch inside the van or switch wiring issue could potentially cause a switch input to be seen and an open cycle to happen. I've seen cases where the key fobs would also send signals when buttons weren't pressed and that would obviously cause the door to open.

On a couple occasions I've seen failed power sliding door or liftgate modules cause the doors or liftgate to open on their own.

The first thing that should be done is check for fault codes in all modules, you can also remove the batteries from the key fobs and see if that helps. If not then some data will need to be looked at while the problem is happening to see if there is an input being seen or not. If no switch or fob input is being seen then it has to be the door module or sliding door module.