martin jones
martin jones, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  25 years as a mechanic and mot tester, owned own business for 10 years city and guilds trained
20682938

75: mike I have the face lift rover 75 I've taken the grill

Customer Question

Hi mike I have the face lift rover 75 I've taken the grill off the cable has snapt at the long cable latch end I have pulled the iner wire out .I still can't access the latch because the layout is different from the old model have you done the job on facelift model
Category: UK Car
Expert:  martin jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA.com, i will try to assist you with your problem,do you still require help as i see you are still waiting, i take it from your question that your bonnet wont open, please advise, kindest regards martin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi martin do you have a salotion to my problem john.
Hi john.the bonnet release system on these is made up of 3 cables.the first cable runs from the release handle to a plastic junction box situated on the o/s/f inner wing panel by the w/wash filler neck.2 cables run from this junction box to the left & right bonnet latches.Chances are that the primary cable has stretched because the 2 secondary cables have become partially seized,You don't need to cut anything or remove the wheel or wheel arch liner. Turn the steering as far to the left as you can and reach inside the small inspection hatch at the top of the wheel arch liner. Use a torch so you can see what you're doing. You can push the neck of the washer bottle up and off to give yourself more room. Unclip the cable junction box from the inner wing and pull it through the small hatch. Tug on the shuttle inside the junction box (plastic thing that the three cable ends go into) to pull the two cables to the latches. You shouldn't need pliers. One latch will probably pop open first then the other.Hope this helps, kindest regards ***** ***** procedure is the same for the mk1 and the mk2, if you require any further help please ask, if not please press the GREEN BUTTON to accept, as this is how i get paid, once again regards martin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi martin I know about the cable junction box under the wheel arch liner that is where I pulled the broken wire out that leads to furthest away lock.john