Nathan B
Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ3 Motor Vehicle mechanics, with 20+ yrs experience and 4 years running my own garage.
27720961

Nissan/Datsun Almera: I have a Nissan Almera N16 2002 which

Customer Question

I have a Nissan Almera N16 2002 which has automatic climate control, the fan speed is controlled by a computer not a knob. The semiconductor controller for the fan seems to have broken but I cannot find it on the fan/heater assembly. How do I get the assembly apart and access the speed controller please?
Richard Wysome
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed the glove box and trim behind to expose the fan but the controller is not visible.
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Welcome to JA.com
I hope i can help you today
From what you are saying it is the heater resistor card that has failed and it is a very common problem on these cars. The resistor card is located above the passengers footwell and is held Into the motor by 2 Phillips screws from memory. It also had a connector block on it that is about 2 inches wide.
You will have to replace this card and your heater will start working again. They are available on ebay and also you could get one from your local dealer And are about 35 pounds.
I hope this helps you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The speed control is not a resistor but a semiconductor assembly to allow variable speed fan setting. The control assembly is not at the easily accessed location of the resistor but hidden somewhere. I am looking for the location of this assembly and information on access such as removing the fan assembly please.
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.
Hi again
I only have memory of the semiconductor/resistor being up behind the glove box. So I am going to opt out so that someone else may be able to help you better.
Sorry I couldn't be of assistance to you.