Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Clio: HiI have check injection light,on 2006 1.5 dci Clio

Customer Question

Hi
I have check injection light,on 2006 1.5 dci Clio
Changed glow plugs,and fuel filter,was ok for few days and light back on,no loss of power
Any ideas would be great
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello

if you have the fault codes that were pulled off then let me know what they were as this helps a lot in diagnosis

check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly