Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Ford Mondeo: Sean!I have a ford mondeo 2010, diesel. The

Customer Question

Hi Sean!
I have a ford mondeo 2010, diesel. The immobiliser is active, but the remote key works properly. Is there anyway I can deactivate the immobiliser.
Kind regards,
Sarita
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
In some cases the theft/security system needs reprogrammed to correct this fault here.This usually needs done by a dealer.In other cases the key itself or another immobilizer component may be at fault causing this issue needing replaced.I don't see a procedure myself on how to bypass the theft system on your model unfortunately so what needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with this vehicles computers to see what codes have set.Once this has been done the codes can then be diagnosed to locate and correct this issue here.I have had to replace defective key/remotes before even when they worked to open the doors to correct this fault so this is one of the main causes.
Thanks Pete