Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2012 Mercedes C180. when I start it it has a whistling

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Mercedes C180. when I start it it has a whistling nose from the engine. This noise ceases after being driven for like 5 - 10 km.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In allot of cases this type of noise here is created by a vacuum leak in the engine area.If you have not had the engine checked over for any vacuum leaks this needs done.If one is found it will need to be corrected to resolve this issue.A leaking vacuum hose or the inlet from the engine air filter being loose can cause this here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. I will have it checked.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else here and feel free to rate my help above if you like.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Pete. will do.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.