Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Ford mondeo: Usually my mondeo starts fine But sometimes

Customer Question

Usually my mondeo starts fine
But sometimes all the dashboard lights come on but engine does not turn over there is no sound at all.After an hour or so it starts fine. I have had the starter motor replaced but the problem persists
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
There are two common components that can cause this here.First is a starter or crank relay (if equipped as some models do not have this relay).This relay can act up/fail internally electronically and cause this issue here requiring replacement.
The other issue is the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail in the past before and had to replace it for this issue.
Both of these will need tested when the vehicle is acting up to see which is the cause here and once the fault has been located the affected component will need replaced.
Thanks Pete