Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

There!I do own a Saab 9-3 Vector 2008 Facelift model

Customer Question

hi there!
I do own a Saab 9-3 Vector 2008 Facelift model and I have a problem with sunroof. For whatever reason is not working. I did try to get both fuses responsible for it out of the box, located in the back off the car, wait 2 minutes and put them back and after I started the engine IT DOES work without a problem. But as soon as I switch the engine off and pull the key out of the ignition and try to open it up again it won't work again. Is confusing.
Any idea what it can be?
Kind regards
Tom
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the sun roof control unit/ecu itself.I have seen this fail before in the past and had to replace it on several models.You are doing a reset by pulling the fuses like this here and it is working until the key is off then power is removed and it will not work when key is turned on again until the reset is done.
In some cases a dealer can reprogram control units/ecu's in the vehicle to correct this type of fault here and in other cases the control unit/ecu will need replaced to correct this here.This will need tested further to see if programming will correct this at a dealer or if the control unit itself needs replaced.
Thanks Pete