sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

E280: Stan. I'm Ziad I have a e280 2006 cdi I have it

Customer Question

Hi Stan. I'm Ziad
I have a e280 2006 cdi I have it for four years now and I had a problem with I can say blue smoke and you can smell unburdened diesel and it builds up on the stationary I have tried many mechanics including MB dealer but no way to get I the problem however many of the mechanics have diagnosed the EGR and the ex back pressure sensor. I lost power before the smoke start to happen. Some mechanics mentioned the injectors that they are dripping into the engin but I have no increase in the oil level and my fuel cons conception is the same never change although the car has done 250000 miles so far. There was a little hole in the inter cooler I close it by using a past turn to metal a week after I start to have the smoke so I don't know if that is relevant. The turbo been mentioned but its kiking well and you can hear it's noise when it's normal. So I don't know what to do now to sort it out. Need you help and advice. Thank you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're getting blue smoke that smells like fuel then one or more cylinders are receiving excessive amounts of fuel that they are unable to burn. This could be physical damage in the affected cylinders to causing them to run poorly, but it's more likely to be an injector issue. It isn't uncommon for injectors to fail mechanically or wear to the point that they cause what you're having.