Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Skoda superb tdi: skoda superb 1.9 tdi automatic - no power

Customer Question

skoda superb 1.9 tdi automatic - no power in reverse and intermittently from idle with black smoke. no power loss at high revs or speed . HELP....
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
With the black smoke and no power issue this can be caused by one or more fuel injectors allowing to much fuel into the cylinders.I have seen this cause this type of fault here in the past before and had to replace the affected fuel injectors.If you have not had the fuel system tested at all this needs done to see if this is the cause and the affected injectors replaced if found at fault.
Thanks Pete