Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Mazda RX7 Turbo 2: Just drove 50 miles of fun motoring in

Customer Question

Hi Just drove 50 miles of fun motoring in my RX7 Turbo 2. 1 mile from home a group of warning lights in the middle console came on altogether. Battery, water level, Cat overheat, water levels in window washers. and door open! No change to engine note or smoothness. Just pulled up at home. Now I'm scratching my head. What do you think it could be?
Thanks
Martyn
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If all of these lights came up on a display assembly like a drivers info display assembly or an instrument cluster this can be caused by a fault within the display unit itself.All of the lights here are for different systems and it is unlikely all of these systems would have an issue at the same time so this does sound like a display panel fault.
The only other issue I can think of to cause this here would be a possible fault with a circuit with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen some of the switches fail and had to replace the ignition switch.
Thanks Pete