Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Trafic: ,A few days ago my ignition switch went and it

Customer Question

A few days ago my ignition switch went and it caused my starter to burn out. Replaced the starter and ignition switch and stripped the wiring loom back as the starter wire had melted. I replaced this and the other wires appear ok however when I turn the key I get nothing. I checked voltage down to starter and its only getting 0.5 of a volt? Any ideas would be appreciated as have already spent a fortune in this van.
Thank you in advance
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you haven't inspected the electronic ignition switch wiring yet for any damage like melted wires or other issues this needs done.If a fault is found with the ignition switch wiring this will need to be corrected to resolve this issue here.
This sounds like low voltage due to a wiring fault leading from the ignition switch itself.
Thanks Pete