EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

My name is***** having a 2004 F250 Super duty

Customer Question

Hi, My name is***** having a 2004 F250 Super duty 4x4 Lariat 6.0lt with this VIN 1FTNW21P14EB08857 and showing these codes;for engine P0408, P0470, P0488 and for transmission P0742, P0743
Category: UK Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Ford has a few tsbs for the engine codes. They are all related to putting the newest calibration into the engines computer. That would be the first place to start. And the transmission codes are related to the torque converter clutch solenoid. Which could be the solenoid itself or wiring in the transmission harness.

Please respond with your any further comments or questions. Thanks, Eric
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, what is tsbs? and how can I fix t

he engine problem?, this ford is in Ethiopia and I want to be sure what I'm doing as much as possible.

I need to know the part number for

the torque converter clutch solenoid to replace it.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
TSB's are Technical Service Bulletins. To fix the engine codes you need to have the engines computer updated to the latest level. A dealer scan tool can do this.

The torque converter clutch solenoid part number is ***** Thanks.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
If you need more help please respond back. If not please rate the service provided. Thank you and have a great day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you detail me how to do this?, A scan tool I'll find in Ethiopia but not much knowledge the technician.
I'm also going to replace the EGR valve.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
When you have the scan tool you need to select Module Programming, then PCM, then follow the prompts to upgrade the PCM. Also you will need to be connected to the internet to download the newest file.
Let me know if you have more questions or need more help. Thanks.