sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Commander: Tom, I am Yunus. My Jeep Commander 2006 third

Customer Question

Hi Tom, I am Yunus. My Jeep Commander 2006 third row seat is stuck in the upright position, and the little release lever seems to be free and the release wire seems to have come off the small release lever. Please help and let me know how can I fix this, and how can I open the rear side wall panel and reconnect the release wire back onto its desired position with the release lever. Thanks. Yunus.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If there is no resistance when moving the handle then either the handle is broken, the cable is broken, or possibly the latch is stuck.
There is a single nut that holds the side trim covers on the seat but you may not be able to get them off with the seat in place. Locate the nuts, remove then and see if you are able to get the covers off. If you're unable to access the nuts then the seat will need to be removed. Once the covers are off it will give you access to the latch end of the cable for inspection.
If the seat needs to be removed you'll first pull up the load floor in the rear and this will expose the nuts and bolts that hold the seat to the floor pan in the rear. After removing these then the seat assembly can be removed through the liftgate opening.