Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Ford Focus ST: i have a 07 st focus and some times after

Customer Question

hello i have a 07 st focus and some times after i drive the car for bout 20 mins the boost goes .only goes up to 1/4 way boost then the next day back again boost sound until half hour maybe more some days no boost at all
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This type of fault here may be caused by an internal intermittent fault with the turbo itself needing replaced or possibly the boost pressure sensor.If you have not had these tested at all to see if either are the cause here this needs done and the affected component replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would there be am internal fault in the turbo . Is it not just a turbine inside a housin. Maybe the sensor
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I have seen in some cases where the turbine/fan can free spin due to a fault mechanically with the turbo itself.There should be a fault code set with this issue here that can be checked with a scan tool to see what codes are set.If you have not had the fault codes checked at all this needs done to see if any are set then those codes diagnosed.
It is possible the boost/pressure sensor is at fault here causing this as this is common to intermittently act up as well.
Thanks Pete