Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Ford trasnit 57 regMy temperature gauage moves to normal

Customer Question

ford trasnit 57 reg
My temperature gauage moves to normal (middle) and then it drops to zero all day
sometimes it normal and then goes to red and immediately turn to normal again
But when it goes to red the vehicle stall
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would have the engine coolant temp sensor and temp sensor wiring and electrical connection checked to see if a fault is found.I have had to replace several engine coolant temp sensors in the past before for this issue here and suspect this is the cause of the fault on your model.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does it do any harm as being a sensor
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay.
This can cause the engine to run with more fuel being added to the engine when the temp reads cold and can cause more fuel usage and rough running in some cases.It can also lead to hard starts and poor running in some cases as well.
Thanks Pete