Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Porsche Cayenne S: 2004 cayenne 4.5 s. pcm does not retain

Customer Question

2004 cayenne 4.5 s. pcm does not retain radio, sat nav, clock memory settings. drivers seat retains memory. all fuses checked and are good. ac compressor does not engage, gas full and holds level.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
With this fault here this issue may be due to an internal electrical fault in the PCM itself or corrosion at the PCM wiring or connections.If you have not checked the wiring and connections for issues this needs done and if a fault is found it will need repaired.If this is all found to be o.k. the PCM itself may need replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Checked all and seems good. Any idea on the ac compressor ?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay.
Have you checked to see what fault codes are set with this issue here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry for the delayed reply. when plugged into the scanner no codes come up.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Is this scan tool one that is able to plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle here?