Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Parhfinder: I have a 2005 petrol v6 Nissan Pathfinder, it has

Customer Question

I have a 2005 petrol v6 Nissan Pathfinder, it has just been serviced by a back street garage and it appears to be running rough at low RPM if you lightly press the accelerator but no engine management light.
I sprayed brake cleaner around all the air intakes and the engine didn't increase in tom or hunt & I changed the spark plugs and no change.
Next I am thinking a full set of coil packs what would you advise?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Sounds like a typical throttle body issue ,i suggest you clean the throttle body completely..

If after cleaning still have a problem you will need a consult scan tool to relearn the idle

Before performing “Idle Air Volume Learning”, make sure that all of the following conditions are satisfied. Learning will be canceled if any of the following conditions are missed for even a moment.

- Battery voltage: More than 12.9V (At idle) - Engine coolant temperature: 70 - 100°C (158 - 212°F)- PNP switch: ON- Electric load switch: OFF (Air conditioner, headlamp, rear window defogger)On vehicles equipped with daytime light systems, set lighting switch to the 1st position to light only small lamps.- Steering wheel: Neutral (Straight-ahead position)

Procedure:

1. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.

2. Check that all items listed under the topic “Preparation” (previously mentioned) are in good order.

3. Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.

4. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” (without starting vehicle) and wait 3 seconds.

5. Repeat the following procedure (5-a and 5-b) quickly five times within 5 seconds.

5-a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal.

5-b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.

6. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approximately 20 seconds until SERVICE ENGINE SOON stops blinking and turns ON.

7. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after SERVICE ENGINE SOON turned ON.

8. Start engine and let it idle.

9. Wait 20 seconds.

10. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure that idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications.

11. If idle speed and ignition timing are not within the above specification, “Idle Air Volume Learning” will not be carried out successfully. In this case, find the cause of the incident by referring to the “Diagnostic Procedure” below.

Please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund, if you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know.

Kind regards Greg.