sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Mercedes CLK 200 Cabriolet: Have a W209. I notice that there

Customer Question

Have a W209. I notice that there is a constant whir from the single cd deck in my audio 20. IS there anything I can do to remedy this?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If you hear a constant noise from the radio when turned off or the key is off that would be an internal failure in the radio. Often this will also kill the battery while the car is parked.
YOu can try removing power from the radio either with a battery disconnect or unplugging the radio itself and see if that helps. If not then replacing the radio or sending it out for repair will be necessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gather that different models use different Audio 20 part numbers. But if it is a motor, I believe it is something to do with Eject, in that it doesn't recognise power is off, CDS still eject and play fine, would a motor/part from another Audio 20 model work?
If you're wondering about internal radio parts I don't have reference for that since radios are not field servicable.