Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

The lexus lx570's navigation suddenly blacks out, what can

Customer Question

the lexus lx570's navigation suddenly blacks out, what can be the problem?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The most common cause for this issue here is usually the navigation display itself,I have seen this display fail or cut in and out like this before here and had to replace it.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i know if its the display is the problem? is it possuble to replace the display only?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
On some models the display alone can be removed and replaced by an electronics repair facility and in other cases the entire radio/nav unit has to be replaced in order to correct this here.
The best way to find out is to have the power and grounds tested to the nav control unit to see if these are all present with this issue,if they are then the display or nav unit needs repaired or replaced.
Thanks Pete