sean
sean, Car and LCV technician
Experience:  UK City & Guilds qualified with 30 years experience
31670004

Ford galaxy: Sean. i'm George and have some problems with

Customer Question

Hi Sean. i'm George and have some problems with an galaxy 2009 fault code
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sean are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or anyone?
Expert:  sean replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry you haven,t had an answer sooner, I hope the following assists you.
Yes there is a fuse for the fuel vapourizer in front of the DPF. It is fuse 6 in the engine bay fuse box. If the vapourizer assembly was made before 09/2010 then it needs replacing and the engine management calibration updating. There is a build date on the electrical connector of the vapourizer. The resistance of the glow plug circuit should be 0.8 to 1.3 Ohms and the perfect value is 1.1 Ohms.
I hope this helps but if you need further assistance let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Once again, sorry you haven't had an answer sooner.
Best wishes,
Sean.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, thank you for your answer. The fuse was blown we replaced it but it blew again, can you help me with wiring diagram to understand what it could cause that.Kind Regards,George
Expert:  sean replied 1 year ago.
Hello again.
As I said previously the build date of the fuel vapourizer needs checking. There was a problem with any vapourizer assembly manufactured before 01/09/2010 where it over heats and causes a short circuit inside the vapourizer hence the blown fuse. The date of manufacture is on the electrical connector for the vapourizer where it connects to the vehicle loom underneath the car. A quick confirmation would be to disconnect the vapourizer electrical connector and see if the fuse blows when the ignition is switched on.
Let me know if I can assist further.
Best regards,
Sean.