Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Peugeot 206: MIKE, MY PEUGEOT(###) ###-####MODEL DISPLAYS THE

Customer Question

HI MIKE, MY PEUGEOT(###) ###-####MODEL DISPLAYS THE ENGINE IMMOBILISER FAULT ON THE DASH AND WONT START.IT WAS PARKED FOR A LONG TIME AND THE BATTERY WAS FLAT ,I RECHARGED IT IT WENT DEAD AGAIN UNTIL IS SHOWED ECONOMY MODE.BUT THE KEY STILL OPENS AND CLOSES THE CAR
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DO I HAVE TO RE CODE THE KEY AT A PEUGEOT DEALERSHIP OR I CAN RESET THE BIS MYSELF? IF SO GIVE ME STEPS TO FOLLOW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This type of fault here has to be reprogrammed by a dealer with their computer plugged into your vehicle to relearn the key to allow starting.They will also have to check for any fault codes related to this issue that may point to a security component at fault here.If a fault is found with one of the security components the component usually needs replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the computer showed crank position sensor fault ,i took it out and tested it , it works perfectly. the peugeot dealer is far from me and gonna incur unnecessary costs. can any one with the programme re code the se key besides the dealer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i get a response from a peugeot mechanic please
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay.
I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete