Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

When driving my 2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.4l the speedometer

Customer Question

When driving my 2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.4l the speedometer goes up and down with constant velocity. After 20 - 30 miles the truck goes into the failsave mode and the check engine light turns on. Codes P062C and P1500
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common component that will cause this issue here is the vehicle speed sensor itself in the transmission/transfer case.I have seen this sensor fail several times before and can put the transmission into a fail safe mode as well as cause the speedometer to act up like this here.
I would have this checked/tested to see if this is the cause here and replaced if found at fault.I would also have the speed sensor wiring checked for any issues needing repaired.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, but answer came much too late.... Truck is repaired, PCM was bad...
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.
Thanks Pete