Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2000 X-reg V70 2.4 petrol. The dashboard has completely

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2000 X-reg V70 2.4 petrol. The dashboard has completely died, no display, no heater/aircon controls, only the radio works.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The first thing to check here is to make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If one or more fuses are blown the affected fuses need replaced.If this has already been checked this may be a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself at fault needing replaced.I have seen this switch fail before in several cases and had to replace it.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Fuses have been checked and all appear ok. Car still starts and runs absolutely fine, would the car still start if the ignition switch is faulty??

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
The ignition switch sends out signals on multiple circuits.If one or more of these circuits are acting up the vehicle may still start and run but may not operate some of the electronics like you see here.I would have it tested to see if it is the cause for the fault here and replaced if found to be at fault.
Thanks Pete