Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Ford Transit: I lock my van with the key now I can't open

Customer Question

I lock my van with the key now I can't open it
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been waiting over an hour for a ten minute reply according to your time estimated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just when will get an answer to my question I have been stranded since last nite
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the lock cylinder has jammed up this can keep the lock from operating like this here.In some cases you can spray a small amount of lubricant into the lock cylinder to free up the lock to then get it to work/unlock but not in all cases.In some cases a lock smith has to come out and use his/her tools to unlock the door and then see if the door latch/lock assembly needs replaced or if it can be repaired.
Thanks Pete