Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Vectra: ,I have a Vectra 3.0 cdti Z30DT 2007 which when

Customer Question

I have a Vectra 3.0 cdti Z30DT 2007 which when hot has fuel pressure problems (too high) For example when idling, fuel rail pressure will almost double and the engine runs rough. I have just got the car back from Vauxhall today and they have said that it's the fuel pump or ecu faulty they said they checked all the sensors and wiring and found no faults. This only happens when the engine reaches about 89 degrees. There are no fault codes and the car drives ok although I can tell when it's playing up on the motorway because the mpg figure displayed is lower than It should be for the conditions (60 mph flat and showing 40mpg) any ideas? I'm after a second opinion really.
Cheers Neil.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
I don't see this as a pump fault as usually a pump won't act up like this when hot,if anything if it was the pump the pump would decrease pressure when hot.This sounds more like the ecu itself commanding more pressure then it should when the engine is hot.If they know for sure all sensors and solenoids are o.k. I am leaning more towards the ecu at fault needing replaced.
Thanks Pete