Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

Mazda 323: When i pump the brakes it builds up and then stays

When i pump the brakes it builds up and then stays high for about 5 min. If you press the brakes again it is low (close to the floorboard) The brakes have been bleeded lots of times.The master and slave cylinders and front discs and brake linings and pads are replaced.I had the car at several mechanics with no results.I also adjusted the padle arm adjuster witch helped a few milimeters.When adjusting to high it got the brakes to bite after a few kilometers. The brake pads also warn off quite fast at an uneven rate (outside good, inside gone).It is on a Mazda 323 1.6 1998 mod.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

If you have to pump the brakes to get it hard to the top as you said above then this is a simple issue of just adjusting the rear brake shoes , if the adjustment is to far then you have to pump the brakes until the shoes come into contact with the rear brake drum .

First adjust the rear brakes .

Now with the pads wearing down uneven then this is a problem with the caliper slider side sizing ,or a sticking piston ,most likely the sliding side.

graphic

No. 14 being the problem, check this is free and slides freely .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience: 17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

The rear brakes are adjusted to max. If I pull the handbrake up it only moves 3 clicks.I am bussy to replace the slider linings The slider was sticky.Could the slider maybe be part of the problem?Maybe it did not let the piston release to push the oil back, to keep pressure on the system.Does the oil distribution block (splits to sepperate wheels) have anything to do with pressure control on the braking system?

Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Hi Sarel .

Yes absolutely the sliders could be the problem as you said i was going to suggest this if the rear brakes are correctly adjusted .
Calipers have to be completely clean and not stick what so ever .

Rgds Greg