Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Ford kuga 2ltd desiel: kuga awd malfuction light as come on,cannot

kuga awd malfuction light as come on,cannot notice any thing wrong i have done 22000 miles on 2010 model
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi, when the AWD light comes on then this is indicating to you that the AWD management system has encountered a malfunction with in the AWD system.

The car will go into a fail save mode so no damage can be done ,and all you have to do is take it to the Dealer or your local service repair shop and have them hook up the diagnostic scan tool to check for any AWD malfunction codes.

From the codes you will then know what has malfunctioned and be able to do a fix .

Once the fix has been done then the malfunction codes will have to be cleared and a test drive done ,if the AWD warning light stays out then the system is now working as it should be .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

greg iam 15 miles from my dealership will i be ok to drive there

Hi Leslie .

Yes no problem what so ever , don't worry

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Thank you Leslie , if you need any further assistance with this issue then please get back to me here on this same page ,

Hope you have a great and happy week .

Kindest regards Greg
Hi Leslie.

What codes did the shop find and did they manage to sort this out for you .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

greg code shown low oil pessure on haldex unit ,reamove both haldex and diff bungs check oil levels both low remove flang to gain access hal filter housing. filter was clean no blockages reassemble. fill diff and haldex units to correct levels , check wiring for continuity ok check all fuses ok road test no faults apparent know there were no leaks found on both units so this points to low oil levels very low ? regards Leslie