Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Audi Q7 Premium: I am purchasing an extended warrenty for my

I am purchasing an extended warrenty for my car with warrenty direct they are sending an independent inspector to check the vehicle. What I'm I expected to see eg what are the things he will do to my vehicle?

Many thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome back -

This is MIKE - I have helped you before... I hope you are well.

To be honest , this is a bit unusual... have there been any other claims that you know of on the vehicle that they have dealt with?

Do you know if the vehicles history is good - no accident claims etc -? Anything recorded on Hpi etc ?

Kind Rgds, MIKE......................................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know the car was involved in a acident before cat C and D no mileage tempering. The car is fine the engine is running smooth no ecu or dash light problems done multiple diagnostic all is well with the car. The car is in immaculate condition now. No welding or dodgy work done. As I got the car checked. The was a few minor issues but I have managed to sort all out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They have not dealt with me before nor is there anyclaim new application. I was thinking on the long run it will be good to just have cover i

ncase unexpected problems

They send an inspector to all the cars that go under warrenty direct

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Saif..

Thank you for your reply..

Ok - that answers that then - as to why they would want to inspect it before agreeing to put a warranty on it. I did think it would be that - or such like - but had to ask.

They will most likely check the body work - they use paint depth meters etc - which checks the condition / professional -ness of the repairs that have been done... They may well check that the vehicle altogether looks ok / straight - no ripples down the side that sort of thing. Too - it may have had to have a VIC test ( after the accident) - they will want to check its MOT , check thats all ok.

SOmetimes they will run fault code tests - which is literally a 5 min test with a meter in the OBD / diagnostic plug - especially if they are aware of any past claims - expensive e claims for electronic faults / module's etc...

But from what you have said, there isn't going to be anything to worry about.

You can understand them doing these things given its a Cat C / D vehicle - they are putting a warranty on it - and they are , as a company, a very good one - they give a very good cover - so you can see why ..

But again Saif - I dont think you have any worries - just let them do their thing... and Im sure all will be well from what you have said.

Too - I fully agree with you... With any modern vehicle such as this one - parts etc are so very expensive when they go wrong - espeically anything to do with the fuel system - injection systems and so on ...transmissions - and engine as a basic unit of course -- all are so very expensive. A diesel injection pump and a set of injectors can run to 5-6k - and they do go .... So yes - absolutely a very good idea to have such a warranty - I would always recommend it these days --

Anything else - let me know by all means -

Best Rgds --- MIKE.

.................. Please do click on the OK / Excellent ratings button for me now - as thats how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that.

You can get back to me anytime you might need too after that - you are always welcome.

Rgds - MIKE...
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.