Mike , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Kia optima: I have a 2010 kia optima, I can not get the sunroof

I have a 2010 kia optima, I can not get the sunroof to close completely. It will go to the tilt position but will not open completely since it won't close completely.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im sorry to hear of your troubles -

When this happens with this model its usually down to sticking if the mechanism... You can carefully try to "help" it along to open / close with your hand - putting some forward force on it as the button is operated...

But really while that will usually get it closed in an emergency - ( it may take several tries ) - it really needs some penetrating / lubricating spray on the mechanism to help cure this. If its not that - then the mechanism may be damaged - but thats unusual - but if so it would have to be stripped / checked... but thats the way forward in a "at home" situation for you.. until if needed, t can be looked at at a shop as / if then still needed.. Or - by yourself as above if you have the tools etc need..

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.