Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Kia optima: I have a 2010 kia optima, I can not get the sunroof

I have a 2010 kia optima, I can not get the sunroof to close completely. It will go to the tilt position but will not open completely since it won't close completely.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im sorry to hear of your troubles -

When this happens with this model its usually down to sticking if the mechanism... You can carefully try to "help" it along to open / close with your hand - putting some forward force on it as the button is operated...

But really while that will usually get it closed in an emergency - ( it may take several tries ) - it really needs some penetrating / lubricating spray on the mechanism to help cure this. If its not that - then the mechanism may be damaged - but thats unusual - but if so it would have to be stripped / checked... but thats the way forward in a "at home" situation for you.. until if needed, t can be looked at at a shop as / if then still needed.. Or - by yourself as above if you have the tools etc need..

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.