Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Volkswagen Passat 2.0T: I have a 2.0 t 2008 Volkswagen Passat

I have a 2.0 t 2008 Volkswagen Passat at 60000 miles when I accelerate to go fast in the morning when it's cold it would hesitate and the engine light flashes then I let off the gas and it went away , this happened 3 times know my engine light is on seems to getting worse , In the morning know it is doing it in idle soon as I start it up.
I took it to the dealership and they said it's because of build up of carbon and they want to do a deep cleaning and charge me 776.00 because my warranty didn't cover it .Does this sound right?
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I had to switch us out of the CHAT system as it wasn't working Im afraid..

With this situation - if it has been properly diagnosed as carbon build up on the valves / seats etc ( and it can happen ).. then yes - that is about the right price for the time it takes to do the job - though you may be able to get a better price from a different place - ... it would be worth asking around... Prices for labor vary between shops etc - so I would suggest asking around.

Just do be sure that that they have run all the proper diagnostics and arrived at the correct conclusion - the onus though would be on them to do that ...for a correct result..

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what I wanted know was does that sound like carbon to what I describe or something else like coils or electrical because of the moisture in the morning but when its heated up it runs fine the code reads misfire in the same cylinder 3 times in #2 . I don't want to be over charged for something that my not solve the problem or something I could do

Hello again Mark -

Thank you for your reply..

I understand what you are saying... that is why I said what I did...ie, that they should be sure through their process of diagnosis , that they have settled on it being that... Its very hard for me to know for sure from here... Yes it can be that .... you can get those symptoms in the situation you describe - but they have to have checked all else first! - again - the onus is on them to have done that ... I wouldn't have thought that they would have said it was that - quoting for it etc if they weren't positive through their testing - otherwise - if its not right when they complete it - they can't charge you for it .!

If you suspect such things as electronics / coils - wiring to them etc ( which are known issues on these ) then, speak to them - ask them exactly what they have done / checked / tested etc...

A common cause of poor running in this situation too , is a fault with the Ect sensor..thats the engine temp sensor... which continually tells the Ecu the temp of the engine...and the Ecu then operates the fuel / ign systems etc accordingly... Ask them - see if they have considered that too...

To be perfectly honest - again - if they are saying they have arrived at the coking issue - I would have expected them to have gone through all the above - and more... so if you are unsure - ask them specifically - to inc the above items..

By all means get back to me if you need anything more.....

Best Rgds, MIKE.

..........Please do click on the OK / Excellent ratings system for now at this point - Thank you in advance for that -

Please note - If you do need to get back to me , you can do so at any time - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all.. Thank you..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Hello again Mark -

Thank you for your reply..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.