Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Jaguar XK8: Hello, Im having a problem with a 2001 XK8 Convertib

Hello, I'm having a problem with a 2001 XK8 Convertible. A few weeks ago when I unlocked the doors with the fob, the doors unlocked and locked several times over before finally unlocking them and then recently the fob has ceased to operate the doors all together but will still operate the boot and headlights. I can lock and unlock the door as normal with the key. Any ideas?
Thanks, Duncan

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm happy to wait to up to 1st August for an answer but then I'll have to cancel the question and find a garage who can sort it out for me.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Hello Duncan and Welcome!
I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry.
Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

The most likely reason for this problem, would be either a faulty or a stuck door lock actuator. Accordingly, you need to start with the driver's door, remove the trim panel for access, and check the wiring on the door lock actuator, and spray some WD40 (or equivalent) on the actuator, make sure it is not jamming against anything, and then try to operate it. If it does not work, then remove the connector on it, and try to operate, using the remote fob, and if the passenger side works as it should, then the actuator on the driver's door needs replacing.

Here are some details that should help you tackle this problem:
click here for details

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Regards, Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience: Trainer - master tech., SAE member