sean, Car and LCV technician
Experience:  UK City & Guilds qualified with 30 years experience

transit: mk 7 transit luton 2.4 tdci rwd.replace a gearbox,

mk 7 transit luton 2.4 tdci rwd.
replace a gearbox, snapped two wires
they come off the same loom that feeds the reverse light switch on the box, they are the only two wires other than the reversing light wires and are wrapped in a heat shield one is yellow and green and the other is geen and orange I think!. my van will now not start

Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.

From your description the wiring you've snapped is for the crankshaft position sensor, as you've found out the engine won't start without this sensor signal as the engine management can't detect engine position.

If the wires have snapped where they go into the electrical connector then your best option would be to cut the connector off a vehicle at a breakers yard, make sure you cut the wiring away from the connector then you can easily connect the wiring onto your damaged wiring.

I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,