Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Audi A4 Avant: Audi A4 1,9 TDI Error Code 17994 Engine mount

Customer Question

Audi A4 1,9 TDI Error Code 17994 Engine mount solenoid valves Short to Ground, What is it? Has it to do with the turbo gets it seems that the turbo does not work
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.

Billy :

The engine mount (that hold the engine to chassis), have solenoid valves to control the hydraulic flow in to the mount, making the mount softer or stiffer depending on the working conditions of the engine.

Billy :

This solenoid, or its wiring are faulty. Usually the wiring on the engine mount is loose, or broken, so you need to check that first.

Billy :

This has nothing to do with the turbo or boost.

Billy :

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more info...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/