Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

Mondeo Titanium X: I have recently changed the Travel Pilot

Bluetooth and voice comtrol not workimg after replacing Travel Pilot NX touch screen sat nav/radio in my 2008 mondeo titanium x. I thought I was replacing like for like however the new unit is an older version than the faulty one removed. I've replaced a faulty 8S7T 18K931 with brand new 7S7T 18K931, both look the same and visually have the same connections.
Everything is working fine except the Bluetooth and voice control which is not registering. When using the Bluetooth I cam hear people but they cannot hear me. when using my iPhone on the old unit whilst making a call three options used to come up on the phone- speaker, ford audio, handset these do not appear on the new phone when using the new (old version) unit. I've refitted the old unit and the Bluetooth and voice control work fine ruling out the Bluetooth module being faulty.
Can anyone help with this frustrating issue I'm using the latest official maps from Ford so guess the software is the most current.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 10 months ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name isXXXXX happy to help you with this...

First - after fitting the new unit - have you tried a re boot ... ie, disconnect the battery etc for 30 mins then power up and retry?

Was the new unit purchased from Ford?

Further, to save trime, which iphone are you using exactly?

Rgds, MIKE...................................
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. I did disconnect the battery but not for 30 mins more like 10 mins, I'll try this later tonight.

So far I've pulled out the relevant fuse for the sat nav in the passanger footwell and left that out for over an hour.

Last night I re-fitted the old unit and the bluetooth and voice control worked.

The unit wasnt purchased from Ford I got it from a reputable dealer with a 3 year warranty. I'm using an Iphone 4s and also a Blackberry Bold

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, had the battery disconnected for an hour, no change still no voice control, can still make calls on Bluetooth and hear the person I'm calling they cannot hear me

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Hello again , Mike...

Thank you for your reply...and further info.

My apologies that I could only just get back to you , Im afraid there have been system issues which have prevented my from replying -so again, my apologies for that...

Ok, with this issue - It comes down to one of three things..

Either, the unit you have , the replacement, is faulty..

Or, its a programming issue - ie, with the "new" unit fitted, it needs programming with Ford equipment to get it to work fully as it should..or..

its a compatibility issue with the i phone.

On the latter, there were some issue with the operating system - IOS 5 for example, Ive seen some that just will not work -and even IOS 6... while meant to be tested and compatable some are "weak" and flaky to say the least.

But the first thing to check is that your i phone OS is at at least IOS 6...and then try again... with that system.

What I will do is give you a link to a very helpful Ford site - Its better than me just telling you the info - you can go straight to it -and work through with that .

So first - click this link HERE... and check properly the compatibility side - and then go from there....

If you find you are still struggling, the next step would be to have Fords connect to the car system, via its diagnostic plug and see if they can update the software in the replacement set to get it to work as expected for you ..( as you said , its not displaying the 3 menus as it should ) . They will also be able to tell then if there is a fault with it - or it just needs the software update...which is something that happens a lot..to get over these issues with the bluetooth issues.

But dont forget to check the OS on the i phone first - in case its just that -and update that first if needed.... then / otherwise, progress as above. Let me know how you go..

Let me know if you need anything else on this -

Meantime... >>>- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi I've just checked with shop who I bought the unit from who have suggested that it probably needs configuring to the car which would fit with your suggestion regarding the software, this had to be the issue as my phone software is up to date. To be honest I thought theses things were all plug and play self configuring!

Hopefully a visit to Ford will sort this out.

Thanks for your help