Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Jaguar x type: Jaguar X-Type: I have a 2004 Jaguar X-type 3.0

Jaguar X-Type: I have a 2004 Jaguar X-type 3.0 with an automatic - replied 297 days and 16 hours ago
I ask if any answer to these problems are known or Jaguar have admitted the problem in the USA as I have the same problem in England ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome back to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this...

I dont think it was me that was discussing this with you - but then - 297 days ago... I wouldn't remember anyway!

Can you please either fully explain to me the issue you have and / or send me a link to the question you were referring too - then I can carry on with this for you -

Best Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i want to ask richard in the USA as he knows about this problem - that is why i clicked on his message and asked the question - I am afraid you cannot answer this problem - can you direct it to RICHARD in the USA please

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Jack -

Your question was listed in the main question boards - not for any one particualr person.

Plus - Richard whom you refer to is in the US - I am in the UK .... and as you stated you were, I thought thats what you wanted - a UK expert...

Why are you saying I cannot answer your question? I can answser your question if you give the information you require..

Rgds, MIKE................................

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Jaguar X-type 3.0 with an automatic transmission. On several occasions the car will accelerate when the brakes are applied at slow speeds. After the first time it happened, I made sure I was not pressing the gas pedal as well. The other day, I was pulling the car up to the garage and applied the brakes when it accelerated again on its own. I stepped on the brakes harder but the car went right into the garage door. I have been researching this problem tirelessly and have called several dealerships. All say they have never heard of this problem, which is curious because there are several claims about this problem on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's website. Other reports say that they have rear ended cars at stop lights and in parking lots. Everyone can claim that it is driver error and that both pedals are being depressed, but I am a mechanic myself and I have done enough digging to realize that this is a serious problem. My only guess is that there is an electrical problem with the throttle position sensor or the whole throttle body. Any help would be greatly appreciate, as I will not drive the car until this problem is solved. If I can't solve this mystery soon, the car will go on the market.

Country: United States
Make: Jaguar
Model: X-Type
Year: 2004
Engine: 3.0L V6

Already Tried:
I have tried calling every Jaguar dealership in my area and have talked to several service managers in person. None have been any help in solving this problem.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Jack - Thank you for your reply -

This is by no means an unknown issue with these vehilces - but what the actual cause is as yet , Jaguar have not come up with a definitive answer..

I do know however that on the Uk models there was an issue with the throttle pedal stop - and the accelerator pedal itself becoming distorted in use - meaning that the pedal would actually stick down in use - and that would cause such problems - ie, accelerator pedal actually sticking and causing the engine to race when braking - because it was still operating the TPS - throttle sensor. I don't know whether you are aware of that issue or have had that checked / looked at at ll - it is I mention, a known issue here..

Other than that , If that is not whats causing it - it can only be a fault in the Tps circuit or throttle body , or Ecm fault. All of which would need proper checking through.

Something else that I feel may be the cause ( other than the above ) would be the software in the Ecu - but until Jaguar identified that as a fault / the cause, there is nothing that can be done - because they would have to ID that for sure as the cause - and then write new software for the ecu..

Let me know if you need anything else on this -

Meantime... >>>- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.