Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

HYUNDAI H100: I have a 2005 H100 Hyundai Bakkie I think my

Customer Question

I have a 2005 H100 Hyundai Bakkie I think my fuel pump is faulty can I install an external fuel pump as a replacement WHAT PRESSURE is required on the system if not how much is a new pump?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Which engine do you have fitted .

Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2.6L. Diesel none turbo 4 cylinder.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi.

Geoff i suggest you get the original in tank primer pump ,

But correct my if i'm wrong, this model is a normal diesel and not a CRD engine .
If its not the CRD your problem is not with the E pump in the tank as this will not have one , but in fact you will have a problem with the primer pump which is the housing of the fuel filter and looks like this .

graphic
This is the primer pump for the fuel filter .

When this fails then you will have the problem you are having .

Check and make sure you don't have the common rail injection system ,if nor sure take a photo of the engine for me and post here .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg
It is not a CRD engine you are right so I will replace the primer pump for the fuel filter I know where it is located. this particular filter also has a manualy operated primer pump on the top of it so when you finnish working on the system you can pump the air out of the line.

Anyway thanks for you help
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Geoff just replace this part and you will be okay again ,what happens is the fuel keeps returning back to the tank due to the valve in the pump is bad ,
Remove the electrical pump make sure the line is tight or you will suck air into the system and cause other running issue's.

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box below if needed.

Kindest regards Greg.
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience: 17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg I did rate your services

Many thanks Geoff
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Geoff .

Thank you very much and happy motoring .

Rgds Greg.