Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

Kia Sorento: XXXXX XXXXX a 2005 Kia Sorento with a D4BC Diesel motor

I have a 2005 Kia Sorento with a D4BC Diesel motor that runs for 20 minutes and then slowly seizes up. We changed the crank bearings and oil pump but still the same issue! need help?
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Okay these engines are know for sizing even with a new oil pump due to bad oil circulation .

When you replaced the main and rod bearings what did they look like .

Can you post me a photo of the damaged bearings ,if not remove the bearings you just put in so i can see these .

Would be good to see the first set you replaced .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am working getting pics. the bearings had spun on the crank as the small tabs to keep them in position were worn off. should have the pics tommorow I am flying today thanks Robin

Hi Robin .

A main bearing spin ,normally due to oil starvation,l was the last one or two bearings or all .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

last two, one fully one partially the crank was mesured and is within .0001 of spec so crank is good still getting photos to send to you tommorow. I am in the US right now so this is a process. thanks Robin

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does Kia have a rebuild kit for this motor as the compression in all four are also low? If so what is the rebuild kit number thanks robin

Hi .

Robin here is an online engine O/H kits for your car ,if not listed please get in contact with them they will help you out .

Please click here .

Kindest regards Greg.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey Greg this is just gas motors they dont offer Diesel does anyone have one for the diesel in the UK?

Hi Robin .

Let check for you and will get back to you ,
See if there are any original parts on the market besides the dealer parts as they will be expensive ,

But i strongly suggest you use OE parts as aftermarket do not last long ,been there and paid badly .

Might be also a better idea to get a good used engine be faster and also a better warranty .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I reported that only 2 bearings were spun but the mechanic has said all berings were spun still waiting for pics
Robin i think if this is the case replace the complete engine ,looks like this engine is warped and causing you this problem .

Engine was most likely overheated pretty badly some time in the past .this is why you are doing it again.

Please save yourself a lot of money and hassle and find a good used engine at the salvage yard .

Need further assistance Robin then get back to me with the reply box below .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does this motor have an internal oil pressure regulator valve?
Hi Robin .

All oil pump have a oil pressure valve but is not adjustable ,but this part may have sized valve causing this problem .

When an engine is O/H this part should be tested and replaced if needed.

Rgds Greg