jeffrey590
jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.
11029438

Saab 93 SPORT AERO: cAN ONLY THINK ITS THE FUSE.DONT KNOW

cAN ONLY THINK ITS THE FUSE.DO'NT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO LOOK FOR

Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What is the problem you are having with the AERO?
-How many miles are on your UK Car?
-What type of engine is in your UK Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1 As previously stated,both heating and a/c blowers are not working.

2 Just over 30,000 genuine mileage

3 2.0litre turbo 210bhp

4 Tried to re-set all heating / A/C controls

5 Think it could be the 40amp fuse

sorry....there was nothing posted prior

.

will opt out & relist

please do not respond to this, as it will lock question

if someone has info they will post here

Greetings JACUSTOMER, It is recommended to check the 40 amp fuse first before going any further. However, the most common problem with this symptom is either the fan speed resistor/controller or the blower unit itself. There are problems with the system building up a high resistance condition as the vehicle advances in age. This is mostly due to the blower motor which is an inferior part (cheaply built)..This causes a high resistance condition and in some cases burns out the speed control and the blower motor. If the vehicle has Automatic Climate Control it has a Fan Speed Control Module. If It has Manual Climate Control it uses a standard blower resistor pack. The parts are accessed by first removing the 5 screws which hold in the glove box and the 3 screws which secure the right side lower dash panel. once removed the parts can be accessed for testing. If you have a DVOM and would like testing information just let me know which system you have and i will be happy to assist you in checking it. But DO check the fuse first. If I can assist further please let me know and i will be happy to assist. Thank you, Jeffrey
jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician , Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any ideas of the cost of rectification?

If the vehicle has ACC, module is about $200 USD and blower is approx. $300 USD. Allow 1 hour for labor costs. If Vehicle is equipped with MCC, resistor is approx. $70 USD. Blower is same price. Labor is same price also. Thank you, Jeffrey