sean
sean , Car and LCV technician
Experience:  UK City & Guilds qualified with 30 years experience
31670004

have replaced clutch on ford puma with a new slave cylinder,

Customer Question

have replaced clutch on ford puma with a new slave cylinder, hydraulic couplin pushed into inlet, cannot get the retaining spring clip to go in, any ideas or is there a special technique for this
Submitted: 3 years ago via AskTheMechanic.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello. I'm sorry you haven't received a reply sooner and I hope I can assist.

The new slave cylinder should come with a new clip installed, you then push the pipe in until it clicks which is the clip securing the pipe.

If you've taken the clip off then ideally you need to put the clip back on and push the pipe in, alternatively the clip will go on with the pipe pushed fully in.

You can usually do this with your fingers, you may need to remove the air pipe for the engine to get better access.

Let me know if I can assist further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.