Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Ford Fiesta Flair 1300, with an endura E engine - how do you

Ford Fiesta Flair 1300, with an endura E engine - how do you fit a timing chain so that it is correctly aligned? What are the torque wrench settings for this car?

techmachine :

Hi, welcome to Just answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will help with your question

The timing chain is aligned using two notches on each of the sprockets, they simply point to each other, its best described using a diagram so I will add the diagram, this also shows the torque settings you need. .

techmachine :

Full Size Image

techmachine :

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If there is anything the diagram does not explain, please feel free to ask and I will be happy to explain in further detail. Thanks, Ross

Customer:

Thanks this is very helpful. However, I also needed the torque wrench settings for the car , e.g head bolts, big ends, and the like. The problem is that I have no manual for the car.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's no problem, I don't have the manuals in front of me right now but I will make sure you have all the torque settings you need before the end of the day.
Hi, sorry about the delay!

Cylinder head
Replace bolts
Stage 1 30 Nm
Stage 2 90 degrees
Stage 3 90 degrees

Cylinder head bolt tightening order
9 3 2 5 7
8 6 1 4 10

Main bearings
Renew bolts/nuts
Stage 1 45 Nm
Stage 2 95 Nm

Big end bearings
Stage 1 4 Nm
Stage 2 90 Degrees

Oil pump to block 18 Nm

Sump bolts 25 Nm
Flywheel to crank 67 Nm
Clutch plate 30 Nm
Rocker cover 6 Nm
Crank pulley 115 Nm

Hope this helps!