Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Peugeot 207 GTI: Hi I have a peugeot 207 GTI which has recently

Hi I have a peugeot 207 GTI which has recently reported a depollution system fault. I have tried clearing the fault by disconnecting the battery but it just comes straight back when I start the car. I plugged a friends diag machine in to get the fault code and it is P2263. I cannot find much information on the internet to point at what this fault means. Other than the warning message the car seems to be running fine with no problems.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome!
I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry.
Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.

Is it a 1.6 gasoline engine or diesel engine?
if it is a gasoline engine, do you know the engine code (something like: 5fW, 5Fx or other)?
do you have any other symptoms (hard to start, reduced performance)?
what mileage does the odometer read?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Billy

It is a 1.6 turbo gasoline engine. I think the engine code is EP6DTS.
No there do not appear to be any other symptoms apart from the warning and error code. The mileage is 50000.

Regards
Anthony
Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.
Hello Anthony,

The fault code P2263 on your engine means: Turbocharging pressure regulation fault : Measured pressure too high.

The possible culprits would be:
Safety valve jammed shut (waste gate)
Turbine discharge electrovalve Locked solenoid valve closed
Inlet duct blocked downstream
Compressor

I would start by checking the waste gate, if this is getting stuck, it would cause this, and then get to checking the other components in order (the first one being most likely especially at this low mileage.

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more info...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Regards, Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience: Trainer - master tech., SAE member