Ask an UK Car Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hi Billy, Thanks for your reply to my questions.
Yes when I accelerate, the rpm goes up, but the vehicle actually slows down.
Yes the hazard and turning indicators all stopped working.
Yes I have replaced them with original coils, plugs & plug wires about 5000 km ago because they were cracked, I have checked all of that again and looks fine, I have also replaced the Mass Airflow meter
One of my earlier unanswered questions is.
1.- Can the Volvo front suspention be raised, by longer coil springs or can the coil springs just be reset, for the car is very low?
2.- I have checked the transmission fluid its ok. Where will the filter be?
There were no problems picked up by the diacnostic test done today everything shows clean. I've replaced the tranmission switch 2 weeks ago when it was doing about the same, When accelerating, it feels like if its starving. I've also replaced the feul filter, with no differance at all. Could it be that the feul pump-presure is to low, How can it be tested?
Hi Billy,Just Answer denied me access Why?This morning when the car was cold it was pulling a little better but only for about 3 km then it was the same, but I find that when the rpm's stays under 2500 rpm on a flat road I might get 80 km/h in the highest gear but, when I get any uphill and it kicks back to a lower gear the revs will go up to 3000 rpm max & the vehicle speed decreases up to about 40 km/h.I took it to a mechanic he checked the transmission oil when it was hot after aboutXXXXX the oil level was above the hot max mark but very thin. He will dismantle the gearbox to replace the filter & transmission oil. But now he told me that the intake manifold must be replaced for the flaps inside the manifold is not working and that is why the car has no pull. Can this be true or false?Kind regards,Fanie
Sorry for the late responds,
- As per the mechanic the transmission oil dit not have a burnt smell, only very thin. The filter and oil were replaced.
- As for the intake manifold flaps, the mechanic previously had a similar problem. he replaced the intake manifold, the car is running quite well now. I just hope that the feul consumption will also be better.
- There are still 2 un-solved problems.
- As for the hazard and turning indicators, the relay in the dashboard, above the driver's footwell, was replaced but the hazard and indicators still not working.
- when switching on the ignition there is a click, click sound like an electric pump for about 20 seconds inside the dash on the passenger side. I was told that it could be the vent motor, which I have replaced (second hand) but its still the same, even getting worse, could that be the problem?